Please check out this link for some great information from the Free From Harm website:
Here is an excerpt:
From frozen faux-turkeys that taste like the real thing, to mouth-watering, protein-packed grain roasts, there are tons of tantalizing Turkey Alternatives that can take center stage at any Thanksgiving table. Whether you’re looking for store-bought, order-online, or make-your-own options, it’s easy and delicious to veganize your favorite holiday main dishes. For a great list of options, check out Woodstock Farm Animal Sanctuary’s Guide to Turkey Alternatives and Other Delicious Main Dish Ideas.
Dishes pictured in the image above, clock-wise from top left:
1. Tofurky Roast: available in some stores and many stores will special order for you.
3. Vegan Pastrami Roast, recipe from The Vegbergers
4. Native Foods Wellington (large center image): A long, loaf-shaped, elegant puff pastry filled with savory Seitan, stuffing, orange-glazed sweet potatoes, kale, and herbed mushrooms. Served with mushroom shallot gravy. Available for order online or in select Native Foods stores.
5. Amazing Seitan Roast Stuffed With Shiitakes And Leeks, recipe from Isa Chandra/ The Post Punk Kitchen
6. Match Meats, Stuffed Holiday Roast: Match Meats creates some of the most authentic, realistic-tasting vegan meats out there. At only $13.99 (serves 6), the Holiday Roast is one of the budget-friendlier options. Available in some stores and for order online.
7. Field Roast, Wild Rice Cranberry Fig Roast En Croute: available in some stores, and many stores will special order for you.
8. Savory Country-Fried Seitan Cutlets with Spiced Breadcrumbs and Maple Marinade, recipe from Kathy Patalsky
NEW!! The wildly popular plant-based meats company, Gardein, has debuted a knock-your-socks-off-delicious vegan Holiday Roast, pictured below:
Look for it in the frozen section of your grocery store. Many retailers like Target and Wal-Mart carry Gardein products as well. You can also ask your store to order the product for you. Visit the Gardein site to find out which stores nearest you carry their foods.
Also check out this mouth-watering recipe gallery from Chef Skye-Michael Conroy’s The Gentle Chef Cookbook. Chef Conroy has pretty much veganized every meat, egg, and cheese dish on the planet, in an effort to make it as easy (and delicious) as possible for animal food lovers to go vegan without feeling deprived. His plant-based meat recipes are made from seitan, and include easy, step-by-step instructions for all the traditional holiday meat centerpieces, including vegan versions of Baked Ham, Herb Roasted Chicken, and Carving Board Roast Turkey. Other recipes include vegan bacon, sausage, sandwich meat slices, nuggets, meatballs…the list goes on and on. See for yourself!